Hands-On Comfort Measures and Meditation for Labor
May 26, 10am-4pm
Taught by the Birth Companion Doulas
Cost: $150 for you and a partner. Current clients receive 50% off.
Location: 12 Bethesda Church Road, Lawrenceville, GA 30044
Learn to create a calm, nurturing environment for yourself as you welcome your little one into the world. This class focuses on comfort measures to help you feel secure and confident during your labor. Topics and activities include:
- positions for pain relief - using furniture (including the hospital bed!) and people
- meditation for calm and focus
- music and movement
- water for comfort - even if you can’t get in a tub
- massage basics
- packing for the hospital, or assembling a comfort kit for home
- visual focuses - choosing or creating one
- breathing patterns - make a “breathing bracelet” to take with you!
Note: this class complements traditional birth-preparation classes and/or books; it does not replace them. If you would like information on classes and other resources that cover an overview of pregnancy, labor stages, medical procedures and interventions, postpartum and newborn care, and lactation, please see our Resources page.
To register, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.